Listening...

We got to go to church today.  We haven't been in MONTHS!  It's super hard to pack us up and go places and the weekends are when we are wiped because we have been on the go like crazy through the week with appointments, my therapies, school, etc.  But I was blessed to be there today.  For those needing a church, especially if you have special needs in your home, Whosoever ministries in Fountain City is a fantastic church home. It starts at 2 p.m. on Sundays and 7 p.m. on Tuesdays.

Now... back to where I was.  Today, Denver (the pastor) was talking about final words and listening to people to get a better understanding of who they really are.  It got me to really thinking!  So many times, I wonder what people hear from me when they listen... then it made me think... our words are a powerful thing in our lives!  Words can bring hope... words can dash hope!  Words can bring joy but equally bring sorry.  Words can build up or tear down... He shared about the powerful moments of the last things that Jesus spoke in his death.  Then shared about others and their final words...

I stop to ponder this... what would my final words be?  It's made me really think about life today.  Life out and about but also... here in my home.  I would hope when I speak my final breath that my words would be that which would build hope and urge everyone on in pressing closer to God.

I had a very dear friend pass away.  A part of my heart went with her.  I have no doubt she's in heaven and made 100% whole and cutting up laughing with Jesus (because that's just who she is) but her life... it brought me joy. On my darkest days... she seemed to always know and would send me a text that would make me laugh until my ribs hurt... She was the essence of joy!   Her final words to me were that of encouraging me to be pure in who I am and encouraging me to keep on!  I miss her so much.  But to this day, I can still hear her voice... I can still see her funny comments in her texts... and her life makes me want to be a better person!  Her life brought joy to those around her.

So... I wonder... truly... what does my life speak? What does my life say?  and then... what about you? what does your life say? What do your words tell about your heart?

Pondering...
~Journeys of one mom~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close