starting fresh....

I have had a different blog for years called pfohlfamily!  It has issues now that makes it not function because it's old!  So... I'm starting fresh!  This morning, as I was thinking about my scripture for the head of my blog, I was reading in Isaiah and found a verse that I have always been so encouraged by! 

Isaiah 43:1 & 2 "But now, this is what the Lord says- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel; 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.'" 

As I read this today, I had to stop and smile at just who God is and the thought of who I am.  So many times I get myself caught up in the rush of life.  What my emotions are feeling, what's happening around me and I get distracted.  When you break life down... there is one true reality and its spoken loudly in this verse.  "You are mine."  I belong to God!  I'm his!  Life doesn't matter!  What it throws at me has no value in the light of the reality that I belong to God!  We can have joy in hardship and we can have life in times where it seems impossible because we belong to him! 

Not only am I reminded in this verse that I am his... I am then given encouragement. "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."  When you belong to God, it doesn't matter what life throws at you.  It can not over take you!  It just simply can't.  We can let it but its because of one thing... our focus.  This week, I had that happen. My focus was shot!  I started looking at the things that were negative in life. I focused on my problems and they did start to sweep over me.  I felt like the river was sweeping over my head.  But the reality of it is, when my focus is right, when I'm looking at God and I'm walking as his child, these things can't consume me because He's with me!  He's my protection. My God. My strength. My shield about me.

Lord, today may I find my focus in the right spot.  I'm humbled to know I belong to you.  I'm humbled to know that I'm yours.  Thank you that you love me enough to call me your own. thank you that the raging waters and the fire that life some times brings about can't consume me and that you are there and you are with me!  Today, I'm yours papa!  Amen!

~Mommy Pfohl~

Comments

  1. that was beautiful! Just what I needed to read! Thank you...what an awesome look into His Word!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close