Something greater...

So, this morning, I woke up wondering what I should read... what direction is God wanting me to go this morning.... Psalm 29... Something greater!

As I read these scriptures, I was kind of like, "Really God? What is it I need to see here..."  Then, the last verse caught me... "The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace."

So... what makes this so significant today?  Well... just like my title... something greater!  Let me share with you what the rest of this passage says...

The voice of the Lord is over the waters
The God of glory thunders
The Lord thunders over the mighty waters
the voice of the Lord is powerful
The voice of the Lord is majestic
The Voice of the Lord breaks the cedars
The  voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning
The voice of the Lord shakes the desert
The of the Lord twists the oak
and strips the forests bare
And in his temple we all cry GLORY!

Reading all of this... Our God is something bigger!  He is this great, huge, powerful, and MIGHTY God.  Yet there is me.... I'm small in His plan... I'm weak, powerless, and far from anything mighty... But God... who is something bigger than anything I could put words on... HE has time... time to give me strength and time to give me peace no matter what storm I am in because HE is bigger than anything I could ever face.... So, I cry GLORY!  GLORY to Him who loves me in-spite of everything about me and who is greater than anything I could ever face!  

So, today... I cry GLORY and I turn my eyes to something greater!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close