Where is the grief??

This morning in my personal time with God, I started out by praying.  My journal entry was "I'm struggling to manage my pain which means I'm struggling to not have a short temper.  God please change this in me..."  I feel grief when I don't do right! I started my day in repentance! 

As I did this, I began to think about our country. About the people of "America."  The land of the free and the home of the brave... A people who once founded this nation under God and now a people who carry this nation far from God!  It saddens me.  Really truly, it sickens me.  I'm forced to wonder if I, I like many other God fearing, God loving people, feel this, what does our God feel?  Our Father? Our King?  Our provider??

I began reading my Bible with this on my heart and today I read in Ezekiel 24.  It's amazing to me how God ties His word into what He is pressing on your heart!  In verse 13 & 14 it says this:

"Now your impurity is lewdness.  Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath has subsided.  I the Lord have spoken.  The time has come for me to act. I will not have pity, nor will I relent.  You will be judged according to your conduct and your actions, declares the sovereign Lord." 

So much was stirring in me as I read this but the end caught me.  "Sovereign"  Our God is sovereign!  I looked up the true definition of this.  The noun means a supreme ruler... a monarch.  The adjective means possessing supreme or ultimate power. 

Our Lord is sovereign!  He's our supreme ruler... had possesses ultimate power!  At the end of the day our Country, our people are his.  What our actions display and what our conduct speaks is that we are not a country that is his.  We argue facts that are CLEARLY spoken in the Bible as sin to now be ruled as appropriate.  We place people on a pedestal who tear down people and live their lives clearly against God!  The things that go on behind closed doors, the things that we now live publicly that grieve the heart of God. 

He's a God of mercy!  As it says in these passages, "I tried to cleanse you..."  He gives chance after chance after chance.  He pleads with you, he cries out to you... but if you don't listen, if a people who are called by his name choose to not hear him, then a break down begins.... His mercy will turn to wrath and he will say "You would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath has subsided!" 

I pray that we the people get it before this!  That we will allow him to cleanse.  We'll repent.  We'll cry out to him and cling to who he is!  I pray we get it before he says "I the lord have spoken. the time has come for me to act. I will not hold back, I will not have pity, nor will I relent..." 

Lord, move on hearts!  May they listen!  Lord, heal our land! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close