I created YOU!

Lately, every time I get in the van, it seems one song ALWAYS comes on and well, if it does and I have Abby with me... we have to play it three times!  This song at first was just kind of fun to sing, but then... it started eating at me!  That... "Deep down inside eating at me." 

As I'm sitting here with my Bible this morning doing quiet time with God... I read a verse that triggers that nagging feeling again. The verse is in Psalm 7:9 and says "O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure..." 

Our God... Our papa searches hearts!  He searches minds! He knows what it is that goes on in our world.  He isn't blind to the wickedness and the violence.... He sees it.  He also sees who is righteous!  Sometimes, I hear Christians living in fear.  Thinking that they have a need to fear what's going to come, what's happening in America, the evil, the wrong.... But the reality is, there shouldn't be fear.... there should be righteous anger... there should be disappointment... but there should be one other thing.... A willingness!  The verse prior to what I just quoted, vs. 8 Says "Let the Lord judge the peoples.  Judge me, O Lord according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High."

This is a heart felt invite to God... an invite to say "I'm open and I'm yours so judge me for me!"  Not "Hey God, what are you doing to judge my neighbor?  Why is my co-worker getting away with this?  Why does that parent across the way get to treat their kid that way?"  Nope!  It's me!  God, JUDGE ME!  only in that moment when we say GOD JUDGE ME... can God come in, cause real change, and USE ME! 

Here's the song that I was talking about.... take a listen before I go on...

 

 So, what eats at me here...
 
I woke up this morning... saw a world full of trouble... Turned my eyes to heaven and thought, "God why don't ya do somethin'. 
 
Ready.... Here's more!
 
He said I did!  I CREATED YOU!!! 
 
God intended our lives for a purpose.  I watch Facebook and I see Nasty posts ripping apart our country's leadership, judgment for people's lifestyles, and the list could go on and on.... I want to post every time, HE CREATED YOU!!!  So do somethin'!!! 
 
I know for me, that's been my conviction... what am I doing?  What does my life mean?  How can I bring change and impact my world?  So, today, I'm opening my heart.  God Judge me!  Bring my eyes to what I need to change and then... show me what "somethin'" I'm to be doing! 
 
If not us then who?  If not me and you....
 
He created YOU!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close