Over coming hurdles...


Our youngest son Jeremiah, aka JJ, has had a lot of physical challenges since birth. It's been so hard as his muscles in his upper body have really delayed his developmental milestones.  He is 5 1/2 months old now and we are so excited, as last night he finally accomplished rolling from his belly to his back all in his own.  The joy on his little face as we would clap and cheer each time he did it was so sweet! 

You know, in each of us... we all face challenges.  Whether it be physical, emotional, mental, or even spiritual.  Having had kids with special needs, I have learned a lesson in life that is now dear to my heart.  It's found in Psalms 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."


You see, God knew from the very beginning what he was doing with our lives.  He knew every disability, every ability, every struggle, every triumph... he knew them all!  I can only think of the joy he had in his heart as he formed us.  As he carefully knit us together... he made us fearfully and wonderfully! 

I taught about this in kids church once and I looked up fearfully so I could explain it to the children much better. In this situation, it is with utmost careful hands that God made something.  Very carefully and attentively put together!   That's you and I!  So for little JJ... God knew the work he would need to put in to roll over, but he also knew the joy JJ's smile and personality would bring to the lives he touched!  God has a plan in absolutely every thing!  Our lives, you and I!  No matter what they hold, they are no mistake... God knew!  The difference is... if we choose to walk it with God or against God!  May it be all for his glory!

Lord, may I remember today that I am yours.  That I was fearfully and wonderfully made in your eyes! May I not let myself be discouraged by things in this life but may I remember that you knew today would come and you designed my every moment and may I let you be a part and walk with me!  Amen!

~mommy pfohl~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another step...

Turn of events...

Up close